Friday, March 7, 2014

This week, Banished

I'm a bit ADHD and it shows in my games. This week I'm hooked on the city builder called Banished! OMG I love it! Its one of the few games that I watched someone play on YouTube, the got it the within 30 min. No regrets at all, totally worth the $20. Its fun and hard and I can dish out orders to my little people and go do the dishes and come back and, well some times they are fine, sometimes they have burned everything down. SESO!!

Question, do you tend to have a lot of maps in a game like this?

I kinda do, I had my first map and in the one sitting i made a grad city with everything they wanted, and they all died. So I deleted it. Then i made a larger map, and took it slow, no tavern for miners to drink in (they seem to like to drink right before work then die in the mines, like a lot), 2 schools, take in some homeless people in need of a town to call home. They all starved to death... DELETE Now I have 2 maps, both Large, one is easy and with disasters, the other, normal with no disasters. I'm taking it slow, no rush, just see how long they last. So what if they burned down the school? Let it stay burned, the other map can have the school. Am I right? lol

So you think its silly to keep deleting my maps? i have a bad habit of doing that, all the freaking time. I do it with all my games, even if i can't remember what i was doing, I'll just start over. I will try to reload if and try new things sometimes, but the end is the same. its still lots of fun!

There is a video that's like an hour long that is a lot of fun to watch, and at the end they cut to the very end of that map, to the last living person, alone on his porch, cold and hungry, just standing there. It could have been the ending of a movie! its so good, I love it!

if you've played it let me know! tips and stories are always welcome! just not spam! :p

Before I tie this up, would you like Links to things like videos too? Or any of the other stuff that will come up latter like mods and forum posts? I could also see about getting video up of me testing/playing if anyone wants it. Feedback please! I love it!


~~&~~


This String went to a bar, to get a beer, the bartender says "I'm sorry I can't serve strings". So the string walks out of the bar, and messes up his hair and walks back in, and the bartender says "aren't you the string I just told to leave", the string replys "I'm a frayed knot"

No comments:

Post a Comment